Viridian Artists Inc. is an artist-owned, professionally operated gallery, located in New York City in the prestigious Chelsea region of Manhattan, home to some of New York’s finest and most highly respected art galleries. Viridian recently celebrated its 45th anniversary and is one of the City’s oldest artist-owned galleries. It is widely regarded as an outstanding showcase for emerging and established artists from the continental USA and around the world supporting a broad range of original and innovative work that meets the highest esthetic standards. Artists are reviewed and selected by peer review and if accepted, contribute a one time initiation fee and monthly maintenance fees to share the expenses of being represented by a gallery located in the mainstream of the New York Art World.
Viridian has a variety of ways in which we represent artists. Below is a description of the benefits of “Full gallery representation.” The artists' commitment for full gallery representation is for 2 1/2 years, as they contribute to the financial support of the gallery through their dues. But, in addition, artists can apply as Affiliates, Alumni or to our Young Artists program listed separately under “OPPORTUNITIES.” The category that best fits you is your decision, but whichever you decide to apply in, we look forward to seeing your art soon!
Viridian Representation includes:
* A four week solo show in our elegant space.
* A professional gallery director to help plan and coordinate all aspects of the exhibition, including writing press releases.
* Our exclusive “Solo Guide” which has been developed by Viridian. This booklet details everything you need to know to mount your solo show including a week- by- week timetable for planning your exhibition.
* Inclusion on our Website which features current exhibits and displays portfolios with images, statements and bios of all artists in the gallery, as well as a store. In addition to fine art, our artists create unique cards, jewelry and other affordable objects, all of which can be purchased online or in person.
* Participation in annual group shows at the gallery as well as exchange shows, national and international exhibitions. In the past we have exhibited in Tokyo, Japan; Lyons,France; and many US cities.
* One artwork by each artist in an ongoing exhibit on our Office Wall Gallery and several other works available to show collectors. We also keep available a binder of images, and other information on display for each artist.
* The gallery staff sends press releases and images weekly to an extensive digital mailing list that includes private and corporate collectors, museums, galleries, curators, art consultants, critics and publications.
* A Resource file of printers, movers, caterers and publications with whom Viridian has an established relationship.
Viridian has a director and an assistant director, as well as an accountant and webmaster. There is no need to be in daily attendance at your show as our full time professional staff is there to handle day-to-day business, phone calls, greeting visitors, encouraging and concluding sales in addition to advising artists and coordinating exhibitions. The staff also sends out press mailings for each show to reviewers and publications as well as handling listings in Gallery Guide, Chelsea Guide, Art in America and many online venues. We offer our artists deep discounts for ads in ARTnews.
The application process is in two parts. The first stage is a submission of a web site that the committee can view on line, which should include several digital images representative of the artist’s work, a biography and a current resume or curriculum vita. Those without a web site may submit a CD or printed photographs including the above information, along with a self addressed stamped envelope (SASE).
If the applicant is approved for the first phase he/she will be requested to submit three to four actual works for further review.
Thank you for your interest in Viridian Artists Gallery.